This week, I managed enough space in the studio to start sculpting the final piece. I also carried on working on the feet/hands.
I lost 2 days "upgrading" my stand for the piece, but it is very solid and ready to handle a good few kilos of clay! The stand that I'm using now, and the clay that I'll use are both temporary.
I will make a mould of the body sculpture (clay) and then remove the clay. Later, I will attach a fiberglass cast to the creature, which will make him have a hollow body. That way, it will make the model a lot lighter!
The stand will be removed as the creature will be attached to the wall at about 4m. in height.
University has closed, so I moved all my stuff back home, and will struggle a little with working space, but I'll manage. I have to!
Now I have to complete the head, the body, and the feet sculptures as soon as possible!!! Im starting to feel the preasure now...
The feet just keep getting more detail..