Ruben Marcos – Weblog A creative model maker's blog…


A good day today


I made a "chassis" where all the wheels will eventually be attached with simple brass axles going across from wheel to wheel. I am happy so far, lets see how far I can get until the end of the week.

I'm planning to make the silicone mold over the whole main shell very soon, for possible replicas in the future, as required from my client. For the Silicone mold, I have contacted a friend of mine who has about 10 year of experience making molds, so I'm quite keen to see him for some good advice soon!

Anyways... this is the chassis and by the end of the week I want to have a few other bits finished. 70DSCF0008.jpg


DROID The droid is finally completed, which really gives me a sense of relief!! Now all I need to do is the painting job on it. 70DSCF0012.jpg

The hands (finally!) 70DSCF0013.jpg

This is a piece to cover the bottom of the head and to also give it more volume. I may also make some joints "alike" bits, but I have other priorities at this moment and the problem now is time... meaning that could have put a lot more detail into it, but now I feel that I'm "gambling" with time, so I have to be cautious in my next moves! Dead line is on the 21st.... 70DSCF0005_1.jpg

This is the pice still in the lathe machine, where I made it! 70DSCF0001_5.jpg

Filed under: Train/Droid Comments Off
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Trackbacks are disabled.